Tuesday, 10 January 2012


Planning permission

Planning permission may be needed if a house is to be used for multiple occupation.
If, however, the use has existed for a long time, it may be possible to obtain a certificate of lawfulness instead of planning permission.
Planning permission is not required for a house where it is used:
  • by a single person or by people living together as a family
  • by not more than six residents living together as a single household.
  • five or more people over 3 or more stories
For further info please contact us

Monday, 21 November 2011

Change Of Use Applications Dwelling into flats Woking Surrey

Before you submit your application, it is always worth checking if there are any restrictions to the property/ site.

Areas in Woking within the Thames Basin Heath Special Protection Area incur additional costs for the application.

Approx £1500 for converting a 2 bed house into 2 flats. Also if the flats will not share communal garden you are looking at an additional £1400, as an off site amenity contribution.

Avoidance Strategy tariff (April 2011 update)

Size of dwelling (bedrooms) SANG contribution per dwelling (2011 figures) Landowner payment (2011 figure) SAMM contribution per dwelling Total tariff per dwelling (2011 figures)
Studio £458 £158 £436 £1,052
1 £498 £174 £436 £1,107
2 £671 £237 £590 £1,498
3 £885 £316 £777 £1,977
4 & over £1,027 £355 £901 £2,283


FOr advise on Local Planning, Please frel free to contact us:

Back to website. Click Below:

Adapt Architecture Guildford

Tuesday, 27 September 2011

Empty Homes Grant In Woking

Landlords/ Investors can benefit if a property is void for a minimum of 6 months, as the council can provide a Grant to help bring the property back into use. The property must be then leased to the council for a minimum of 2 years.

For further information see link below.

Back to website. Click Below:

Adapt Architecture Guildford

Wednesday, 31 August 2011

Social housing rental schemes.

Speaking with Lucy Heath the housing officer in woking, there are currently 2 rental schemes the council offer.
1. Private Sector Leasing scheme. (PSL)This is where the council take over the property for a period of 2-20 yrs usually around 5, and pay a fixed amount monthly for that duration, inclusive of management, maintenance and void periods.

Private Sector Leasing Scheme Woking

2. Private rental scheme.(PRS) This is where the council pay out a fixed rate pcm, but all management, maintenance and void periods are not paid for.

Private Rental Scheme Woking

The standards for the property must include: gas central heating, double glazing, hard wired smoke alarms and all energy, gas and electrical certificates.

Leasing Scheme
1 Bed £570 pcm. 2 bed £670. 3 bed £770

Private Rental Scheme
1 Bed £699 pcm. 2 bed £895. 3 bed £1100

For further information you can contact Lucy on 01483 743758

Back to website. Click Below:

Adapt Architecture Guildford

Wednesday, 17 August 2011

Adapts 1st Blog

Hello and welcome to Adapts Blog Page. Be sure to check out our blog regularly for updates on all local news in architecture and planning.